Tuesday 7 January 2014

Changes in the New Year

Towards the end of 2013, things got a little bit hectic. Life got busy and I got well behind with my blog posts – and while I could have changed the schedule and posted some this year, I already had a plan of what I wanted to do. However, I got to thinking over Christmas and New Year (shockingly painful, believe me) and I’ve decided to make some changes.

This blog – Innate Wanderings

I’ve basically used this blog, Innate Wanderings, as a platform to experiment, develop my writing, tone, style and much more and while all have been of some interest I’ve kind of strayed from my roots a little and a lot of my thoughts have disappeared into thin air. My blog should be encouraging me to write more, just like my day job but as it stands, I do it because I should, not because I want to.

So, I’m not going to post once a week anymore. I think, to get real value I’m going to aim for two a month. More may drop in as and when I feel it is useful or necessary but Innate Wanderings is going back to its roots (and that’s a whole new story for another time). You can expect to see the following from now on:
·         Creative pieces
·         Writing workshop and activity advice
·         Genre reviews, analysis’s and discussions
·         Book and author reviews
·         More along the same lines, including answering any questions or topics suggested

This is something I’ve wanted to do for a while to really get back on track with my career and my favourite hobby and pastime – writing.

New projects

However, I like writing about games, movies and such, so I won’t be giving it up. In fact, I’m working on a new project to begin in February or March but this time, I won’t be doing it alone. I’ve been asking for volunteers; both in general and from specific people and I hope to have a team writing throughout each month of this kind of content. Its things we love as well as you and I’ll be posting more details about that as it gets closer to launch. If anyone else is interested in joining, get in touch with me on dave.r.mccreery@gmail.com.

As for the motorsport – well, I mainly covered F1 and occasionally BTCC. I’m hoping to spend more time going to races and I haven’t decided what to do about this yet. It may come on a separate platform, which I think will help it grow but that depends on my free time.

To summarise

So, expect around two posts a month here, with much more on the new project. If there’s enough demand for the motorsport posts, I will find a way to make it happen. The new project is most likely going to be on a Wordpress blog, rather than this and I am toying with the idea of moving this over there too. Time will tell.

Thanks for your support, and there’s plenty more to come. See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment